Friday, January 29, 2010

Still In Antigua

Sorry It’s been so long since my last post. I am still studying in Antigua and am keeping very busy. I go to class for 6-7 hours a day and then spend the rest of my time at home or out in the town. I feel like I am learning a lot…I just hope it will be enough to survive in Pinula. I went back last weekend and I still could not understand anyone because they all talk so fast.

I have been loving Antigua so far and have been making some good friends. I have become pretty good friends with a couple from Sweden, Moa and Henrick. Henrik and I have been going to a local gym a couple times a week and every now and then we will go out to a restaurant at night. We love talking about the differences between the United States and Sweden (and the rest of Europe).

I love learning about different cultures, and Antigua is a great place to do it. I went on a hike up a local volcano last week and I was the only American in my group. There were two girls from Denmark, Moa and Henrik from Sweden, a couple from Quebec, and then two girls from the UK. I love it.

I am doing great and I really love Guatemala so far. I am excited to get fully planted in Pinula.and to get deeper into my internship. Only a couple more weeks…

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you are having a good time! We all love and miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ty - What a fantastic experience! It will make you want to continue to explore & enjoy the diversity of other cultures.

    ReplyDelete